I was put on magnesium for 24 hours after delivery to prevent any seizures because my BP was so high. It was hell. It made me really hot. I couldn't get out of bed. I wasn't aloud to eat real food and they kept me in L&D for monitoring (as opposed to moving to the post partem unit). The room was huge which was the only nice thing about that 24 hours.
My parents kept Max the night that Gavin was born and Mike stayed with me at the hospital that night.
Tuesday evening they finally move me over the PP because they had taken me off of the magnesium. Mike stayed at home Tuesday night (and from then on) with Max. My mom would do pick-up from daycare so that Mike could come directly to the hospital after work.
Wednesday morning I was finally able to take a shower (after my mom brushed out all of the knots in my hair from being in bed for so long!). My mom stayed with me during the day on Tuesday at the hospital. Wednesday and Thursday I was on my own and it was honestly pretty lonely. I didn't think I would be, but it kinda sucked. I felt really isolated from everyone. Gina came by one night for a visit. Tracey a co-worker came by for a visit on Tuesday and my boss came by on Wednesday.
3-3.5 weeks post delivery I was down almost 45 pounds (I had put on 29 pound for the pregnancy)! I thought this was great. My doc thought that it was too much too fast so I had to go see my primary care doc who sent me to get checked for Thyroid cancer. Nice huh? One extreme to another. It was a negative and I've only lost a few more pounds. It seems to have leveled out now. (down 47 pounds!) In an ideal world I would lose another 20-25 by Max's birthday in September. But that would require work on my part and I haven't felt much like doing that just yet.
We came home on a very rainy chilly Friday afternoon. It felt good and weird at the same time to be home. The first night home was a little rough for Max but he has settled down since then.
It was pretty easy to fall into a routine I think. Gavin does seem to have created a lot more work for some reason...but I find it easier to take care of him I guess because of experience. Gavin will start daycare on August 1st with Max at the Goddard School. I am praying with all of my might that nothing happens to him they way it did to Max.
Different daycare, different baby and hopefully a different story.
Park City Utah
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment