since I last logged in? Hmmm...well Mr. Max got teeth numbers 5 and 6 during the first week of June. Nanny Karen was on vacay to Vegas so my mom was awesome enough to come babysit so that Mike and I didn't have to take off. During that week his 2 teeth came in. Grandma got to spend good quality time with the little man.
During this time we also notice that our little cat seems to have lost a lot of weight. She isn't big to begin with (like 7-8 pounds or something). I was going to Boston the second week of June, so we tried to get her to eat more food before I left. She wasn't having it...so I took her to the vet on the 9th. Turns out she has some sort of tumor in her abdomen. They can't tell if its cancerous or not; so we have 3 options:
1. Do nothing and let her die. (Yeah right....she has a cardiologist for Christ sake...I'm not about to let her die from starvation.)
2. An ultrasound (Cost= $350)
3. Exploratory surgery (Cost= starting at $800 depending on what they find.)
Either way we need to do something quick because she hasn't been eating very much at all. I leave on the 10th for work to Boston and Mike and Max are to follow on the 11th. We decide to do the ultrasound and then board her at the vet for the weekend. (We don't normally board our pets, we have an automatic feeder and plenty of people to stop by and check on them--but this just felt warranted.) They call after the ultrasound to say they couldn't tell anymore then what we saw before with the x-ray (great use of $350 huh?) but that they did get some cells from the tumor can they send them off to be checked (to the tune of another $125); sure might as well now. They call Saturday and say that the test shows some sort of infection. I like the sound of an infection much better then cancer! So that brings us to today the 15th...I'm going to pick her up this afternoon and see what the doc has to say. Keeping my fingers crossed, it will just mean medicine and no surgery.
Park City Utah
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment