Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Beyond frustrating...

That's what yesterday was. I was so angry and frustrated that I just started crying. Ok, let me back-up and give you more information.

Background: January 9th, 2009, day 5 of daycare. Max had his leg broken. The daycare people don't know how it happened. But, my 3.5 month old had to be in a Spica cast for 6 weeks letting his poor little leg heal. They claim they were changing his diaper and he started screaming. The doctors said that isn't possible. Child protective services were called. We were investigated and they determined we weren't at fault but that it was, in deed, the daycare people. The state is pressing charges.

Fast forward to last week on Friday. I take Max in for his normal appointment with the pediatrician. I tell him Max has been pulling himself up on everything but that his one ankle looks a little weird. (Not the ankle on the leg that was broken.) When Mike was a baby he had to wear special shoes because he had ankle trouble as well, so we thought that was what was going on. Dr. M.achiran takes one look and says its not the ankle; its the leg. The thigh bone doesn't appear to be growing at the correct angle. I said could this be because of the cast he was in? He said absolutely. I said what can we do to fix it? He suggested we go back to H.opkins and check with them since he doesn't specialize in that area. He recommended a doctor there and I tried to get an appointment with her. She didn't have any openings until June. I'm not waiting that long. Her assistant recommends another doctor that she works closely with instead. I decided to give him a try.

He has 2 openings this week. Tuesday, 1 appointment at 1pm and 1 appointment at 2:15pm. Both in Columbia, not an ideal location but thats ok...I'd just as soon get in and see whats going on and get it fixed. I take the 2:15pm appointment. I print directions FROM THEIR WEBSITE. I get to the area at 2pm and at 2:45 I'm still driving around trying to find this stupid place. I eventually get a hold of them (after the number from the website is wrong too) and tell them what happened. They give me directions, but only after reminding me that I'm half an hour late and when I get there I'll probably have to reschedule anyway. I lost it. I started crying on the phone.

We've already had our lives turned upside down by having his leg broken. We thought we were in the clear. Now we find out his other leg might be messed up because of this STUPID STUPID girl. I rearrange my schedule YET AGAIN at work...only to get wrong directions and be told that I need to try again next week???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME RIGHT NOW???? I'm still worked up as I type this. We shouldn't have to be dealing with ANY of this! Max shouldn't have to be put through ANY of this! But we are. We are having to reschedule our lives to take care of an accident that should NEVER have happened in the first place. I think it all just came to a head yesterday and I lost it. A missed appointment, as annoying as it may be, would never warrant tears. But...yesterday I had tears...lots of tears. Poor Max. Poor Mike. Poor my mom and my boss. They all got a taste of overwhelmed E.

So today I'm trying set-up yet another appointment to take the little man in and see whats going on. Keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment