Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Busy Weekend!

Such a busy weekend! I was so tired last night. Entertaining is fun but also very tiring. So, last Friday I took the whole day off, but the Nanny was there in the morning with Max. So, I was able to weed the flower boxes and do some cleaning before taking him to his doctors appointment. I could have used the whole day to work around the house, but using at least half the day was helpful. We were having Mike's family over on Sunday so we had a huge list of things we wanted to get done. After Max's appointment we took a trip to BRU for a baby shower gift for Jenn's shower on Saturday.

Saturday was more house cleaning in the morning and Jenn's shower in the afternoon. During Jenn's shower I got a text message form Danielle that she finally had her baby!! YAY!!! More on this in a minute. Got home from the shower and more cleaning to do. Thankfully, Mike's sister was there and she is really good at entertaining Max while we try to get some stuff done.

Sunday, I was hoping to go visit Danielle but the visiting hours and the BBQ schedule didn't permit. So the morning was spent cutting the lawn and still more house cleaning. You'd think we live in a mansion, and not a small townhouse, with the amount of cleaning we were doing. We rearranged the living room and pretty much moved all of the junk either to the basement or to the office. I like the new arrangement. It seems to open up the small living room, so we'll probably keep the set-up.

So, back to Danielle. She texts me during Jenn's baby shower that she had her baby at 1:40 in the afternoon. Welcome to the world little Lila! Danielle had been fighting being induced and really didn't want a c-section. She got her wish. No induction and no c-section! You go mama! Hopefully sometime this week I can make it over to see how they both are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment