Just waaay too fast. The alarm went off this morning (I didn't hear it) and...
Mike: are you getting up?
Me: for what?
Mike: to take a shower.
Me: I'll take one later.
Mike: What?
Me: I'll take one later, oh wait, today is Monday huh?
Mike: yeah
I totally thought today was Sunday and I was so looking forward to sleeping in. Saturday we had a play date with some friends of ours and their 2 kids. Their little boy is 2 years older and their little girl is 1 year older then Max. We went to a local park, that we didn't even know existed, that they suggested. They lived very close by until not too long ago when A. got pregnant with Lilly. They moved to a bigger house in PA for the growing family. Actually, A. is the one who recommended Miss Karen, our nanny. We can't thank them enough for the help in that department. Just when we really needed someone we could trust with our only child after the daycare debacle, enter Miss Karen, and we love her to death.
Mother's Day was nice. Mike spent all morning long preparing dinner to take to my parents house and cook. We had steak, deviled eggs, grilled pineapple, salad, corn on the cob, Au gratin potatoes, veggies, cheese/crackers and ice cream cake my Dad bought for all of us Mom's. My niece Sara was too excited to see Max. I can't wait for him to be old enough for the two of them to be able to play. She is getting soo big (Page said she is wearing a size 9 shoe!!)...girlfriend has some big feet, I guess she will take after my brother for height. I need to get a current picture of her! She is growing so fast.
All in all the weekend was just too fast.
Park City Utah
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment