Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Weekend Recap

Not too busy of a weekend, by choice. We've been so busy the last few weeks and the next coming weeks don't appear to be any different...so I wanted this weekend to not have to do anything.

Saturday, we went to Red Brick Station for some appetizers and Max was quite the flirt and checking out all of the waitresses...lol. Max took a good long daytime nap...probably because of the shots he got on Friday. Maybe, I should start there. Took Max to his doc appointment on Friday. 2 more shots. Weighing in at about 23 lbs and about 30 inches long. Those are approximates because Mr. Max was NOT sitting still for Dr. Machiran to take any measurement of any kind. We had to wait over an hour before even getting in for his appointment and its really annoying when you've got a little baby like him. His next appointment won't be until after he turns 1! Thank god but also OMG, he is going to be 1 pretty darn soon! But, I think after he 1 year appointment I am going to look to change pediatricians....I've never been seen on time by Dr. Machiran...even when I was the first appointment of the day. I think that is poor planning on his part.

Sunday, Max crawled for the first time on all fours! Poor Shelby...she is his bait I think. He doesn't crawl like that all the time, only really on the hardwoods which I would think would really hurt....but whatever. Then we went swimming for the first time! It took a little getting used to, but eventually he settled down.





Monday, Danielle, Mark and little Lila came over for a short visit and then we headed to Mike's brothers house for a cook-in (it started raining, so everything was moved inside)...Max was really fussy, but I think it was because of his teeth. When I held him at one point he put his mouth into my shoulder and when he pulled back there was blood on my shirt...never had that happen before. We gave him his bottle and then gave him a cold, wet face cloth to chew on and that seemed to help. Poor guy. He fell asleep in the car on the way home and we just let him sleep the rest of the night. Granted, that meant he was up bright eyed at 6 am this morning, but I think the poor little guy needed his sleep so I don't mind him getting up so early in the morning when he is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment